Saturday, October 8, 2016

NNEAHE and CHHS host conference

I had the chance to moderate a panel for a joint conference we hosted yesterday at UNH. The College of Health and Human Services and the Northern New England Association of Healthcare Executives produced "Shaping the Future: Leadership and Public Policy in Healthcare". It was a great conference and we had a very nice turnout of NNEAHE members, as well as students, faculty, and staff.


I moderated the panel, Talent Management for Bench Strength Development, and I have to say it was a really great experience. I had three excellent executives to work with: Kevin Callahan, CEO of Exeter Health Resources; Samantha O'Neill, VP of HR for the Elliot Health System; and Warren West, CEO of Littleton Regional Healthcare and North Country Healthcare.

This was my first time moderating a panel like this, and the my panelists were giving me a hard time because they said my questions sounded like they were written by an academic. But they were great, and rolled with my exam-like questions. I wasn't able to get them all to say "Googleyness", but it still went well.

We recorded the event and we'll be publishing it on the Health Leader Forge next week, so you can listen for yourself when it comes out. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment