Sunday, January 28, 2018

MBTI time again!

Doing a short introduction to MBTI tomorrow with my OB class. A few resources:

Nice slideshare on the MBTI and team dynamics:

https://www.slideshare.net/malpascoe/mbti-team-dynamics

Take a free MBTI-based indicator:
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I really like the MBTI as an ice-breaker for talking about personality and diversity. Most social psychologists prefer the Big 5, but the MBTI is so well known, it's good to have some familiarity with it. I think the "types" are interesting, and I feel like I've settled on one that reasonably represents me (ENFP), but it took me a long time to get there. I think that's one of the weaknesses of all these self-report tools. Even if people aren't trying to be deceptive or manipulative when the take these indicators, their lack self-awareness might interfere with an accurate outcome. I've suggested people have close friends or relatives take it for them, then compare the results.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment